VP-KEJ de Havilland D.H.104 Dove
Airways Corporation was formed in in 1946 in association with BOAC to
within Kenya, Uganda and Tanganyika. This Dove was one of four
to EAAC in 1948,
replacing D.H.89A Rapides on many routes. Originally to have been
"Swahili", it was soon changed to
"Masai" after it was determined that the fleet should be named
The close-up below illustrates the aircraft much earlier than the shot
above and is
showing, as part of its livery, the individual kind of
pictorial tribal display described under VP-KDF.
This Dove was sold to Mandated
Airlines in New
Guinea in 1951, becoming VH-MAL.