VH-BWK DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10
VH-BWK was a
later model Chippie (ex WG416) which was acquired by the Royal Aero Club
Australia in 1960. Geoff Goodall's shot shows it at
Parafield in August of 1962. It had
come onto the
Australian civil register as VH-GBY
in 1956, registered to a private
Youl) in Tasmania. It was re-registered VH-CKD in March of
1965., and then a scant seven
months later as VH-TUG.
We can imagine what it was
used for wearing that rego! Written off
1968, although the remains are in storage. Possible restoration?