Standard Airways Douglas
Standard Airways, not to
be confused with Standard Air Lines of 1948, began operations as
Standard Air Cargo in
1946 in San Diego (qv on link) The name was
changed to Standard
Airways in 1953
when Frank B. Lynott took over the operation. It began
passenger charter flights and grew into a low
irregularly scheduled operation primarily
between San Diego, Oakland and
Hawaii. These were known as its 'Pink Cloud' flights.
it moved to Seattle. In addition to DC-4s, it has owned or leased
over the years,
the following types of
DC-3, CV-440, DC-6, DC-7, L-049, L-1049,
and Boeing 720. The
operations on 24 September 1969.
N88706 was a originally
civlianized as an Eastern Air Lines machine in 1946.
acquired it in 1960 and in
1961 had it re-registered N188S. It was
Zantop Air Transport and
destroyed by fire on
30 June 1964.