Mackey Airlines Douglas
DC-6 N90713 (c/n
This blurry image
came from a post card obtained from Mackey in 1955. N90713
was an ex-
American Airlines machine built in
1947. Mackey initially leased it from Fred B. Ayer and Assocs.
purchased it in 1962. On 1 Jan 1967, Mackey Airlines was acquired
by Eastern Air Lines
(more for their route into the Bahamas than the
assets they owned). At the time Mackey owned 5
DC-6s. These were non-standard to Eastern's fleet (they had
DC-7B's) and hence they were only
retained for about eleven months and
then sold off. N90713 finally wound up at Schipol Airport,
Amsterdam, and was broken up for spares
after being purchased by Transavia Holland.
Later in 1967 the
Mackey name was resurrected into an airline known as Mackey
This survived until 1980 when it, too, ceased operations.