This was the ex RAF Dakota KG647. In 1946 it was
originally leased to BOAC as G-AIAZ, but
September of that year sold to John Fairfax & Son Pty Ltd of Sydney
as VH-SMI and
used to deliver
Sydney Morning Herald newspapers to outlying NSW towns.
this operation in
1952 it was later sold to the Commonwealth Government Bureau of Mineral
Resources in 1953 and re-registered VH-MIN
in December 1954. It
is seen above at Mascot
in 1948 in this photo
from the John Hopton collection.