VH-KFA (1) DHC-1 Chipmunk
This shot of the first Kingsford Smith
Flying School Chipmunk was taken at Cootamundra, NSW
1962 by Bob Neate (via the Geoff Goodall collection).
Although civilianized in 1956 it
appears to have either languished in the hands of W.S. Shackleton in
the UK (the brokers) or
Kingsford Smith Aviation in Australia until registered as VH-KFA in May
of 1959. In August 1962
was re-registered VH-DCE although still
owned by the KSFS. It was then sold to private owners
and became VH-GCE in August 1964. It was shipped from
Sydney in April 1973 (along with the
Spraymaster VH-GEB and a Sundowner, VH-CXZ) to the USA to become N13DW.