The second VH-INY was an ex Qantas machine
delivered new to Trans-Australia
in 1946 as VH-TAC. In
1948 it was seconded to British
Commonwealth Pacific Airlines
VH-BPA. It then went to Qantas as VH-EBL
before going on to
Ansett-ANA in Jan
1961. Originally a 54
seat passenger machine, it was converted to
a freighter in 1966
.On 1 January
1970 it was sold in South Africa as
ZS-IGB serving the diamond mining industry.
and transporting miners from the Union to SWA.
The above photo,
from the CAHS archives
via Phil Vabre, was at Essendon, probably taken just before it left
Australia It was withdrawn
from service in 1977
and finally broken up at Eros
Airport, Windhoek, in 1979. .