VH-BHA (1) Auster III
This is a close up of a Charlie
Pratt photo taken at Moorabbin (probably from the old Control
Tower) circa 1951. The
original image appears below. This, the first -BHA,
the RAF Auster III NJ834, seconded
to the RAAF as A11-37, and civilianized in March 1947
for the Zinc Corporation (hence the -BH, Broken Hill rego).
It was owned by the Royal
Victorian Aero Club briefly from April 1950 to March 1951 in whose tail
stripes it is seen in this
photo. Upon being sold by the club it was acquired by Air
Agriculture Control Ltd who re-reg-
istered it into their series as VH-PCR.