Boulton Paul P.111 VT935
The P.111 was an experimental aircraft
designed to research the transonic performance of delta
pointed fin-tip was detachable, and similar detachable wing tips were
first flew in October 1950. Power was supplied by a Rolls
note: The original Boulton & Paul Company sold off its
aircraft division during the
Depression. In 1934 a re-organized company named Boulton Paul
Aircraft Ltd moved into
a new plant in
Wolverhampton. In 1961 to company merged with the Dowty
part of the Smiths Aerospace conglomerate.
VT935 is now on display at the
Midland Air Museum, Coventry as the BP.111A.