Armstrong Whitworth Siskin
Armstrong Whitworth Siskins entered service with the RAF in 1924.
Powered by a 350 hp
Armstrong Siddeley Jaguary
II engine, and armed with two 7.7 mm Vickers machine guns, it
was the epitomy of the
modern fighter at the time. The design was later enhanced into
Siskin IIIA, the most notable
difference being the absence of the dorsal rudder, and less upper
wing dihedral on the
latter. 50 single seat Siskin IIIs and 12 2-seat trainers were
Siskin IIIA production amounted to
some 412 machines.