Immediately after WW
II Flugfelag Islands began local services within Iceland. A
including half a dozen DC-3s. TF-ISH was its first and
spent its entire life in
Iceland. A former
C-47A-60-DL (43-30710) with the USAAF it was attached to the
Base Command at Meeks
Keflavík. After hostilities ended it was purchased
Islands and named "Gljafaxi"
It is seen above in 1948 at Akureyi Airport.
This DC-3 operated for a while with the Icelandic State Soil
Service in an agricultural
capacity as TF-NPK. It is
still flying, although is now used for nostalgic passenger flights and
wears full Icelandair livery.