SE-AEB Fokker F.VIII
Originally conceived as another trimotor, the
availability of the Bristol Jupiter engine caused Fokker to
redesign the F.VIII into a two motor
variation, allowing for an extra baggage compartment in the nose.
SE-AEB was formerly KLM's H-NAEG (PH-AEG from
1930) which was sold to ABA in 1934 and
named "Jamtland". During the
period of WW II the F.VIII was impressed into duty with the Royal
Swedish Air Force and given the type
designation Tp.10. Its military serial was 916. At that
time it was
re-engined with twin Pratt & Whitney Wasp T1
D1s,. The above rather poor image if from a pre-WW
II Fokker pamphlet.