Panair do Brasil would eventually go on to
operate some 25 DC-3s, mostly ex C-47s or C-53s.
one, however, was an ex Panagra machine, being previously
NC21718. At this time (1946/7)
Panair aircraft were dubbed "Bandeirante". This name was to be
resurrected 30 years on by the
founded Embraer consortium for their first twin turboprop feederliner
(or regional jet as we refer
today). PP-PCP was sold to NAB in 1958 becoming PP-NAY. It
also did a stint in the
Brazilian Air Force as FAB2091. In 1982 it went to Trans Oriente
in Columbia as CP-1742.