This rare shot
comes from Joao Novello and shows a Ju-52/3mW on the Tocantins river,
Alconaca, State of Para, deep in the Amazonian jungle in 1940.
The photograspher was Santa
Rosa. Formerly Lufthansa's
D-ARUW, the tri-motor was named 'Caicaras' when it joined Condor
in 1939. When this shot was taken the aircraft was wearing
the yellow and green
tail stripes later adopted by successor
company SACSUL. PP-CAV was sold in Argentine when
its days with
Cruzeiro do Sul were done.