This former C-47B-20-DK (43-49755) saw
service in Australia during WW II and was assigned
A.D.A.T. to Australian National Airways with the call sign VHCDE.
As such it flew military
transport missions. In 1946 it was civilianized as PI-C95 for
Philippine Air Lines. It was re-regis-
tered RP-C95 in 1973 and passed to Village Airways.
It was withdrawn from service in 1981,
re-activated again in March of 1983 for Victoria Air Inc of Manila and
used as a freighter.
re-registered RP-C535 for some reason in 1991. Sometime in
the new millennium it was
(permanently, this time) and was scrapped at Manila in 2011. The
sad remains are seen
photo below as dismantling was taking place. Both images
are by Murray E. Kirkus (via