Ozark Air Lines
A new livery was devised in the early 1960s
and the "Route of the Swallows" emblem (three
swallows) started appearing on the rudders of the DC-3s. Interestingly,
original print) did not have its rego displayed under the port
wing. By 1960 the airline
serving some 52 cities in ten states. N141D is an
interesting aircraft. It was a Fokker-
built DC-3 (or at least, Fokker assembled)
manufactured in 1937 and delivered to Swissair
HB-IRA. In May of 1955 it was ferried to the USA by
Fleetwings Inc with the registration
Ozark registered it as N141D on 25th of that month.
It was traded in to Fairchild
Hiller in 1966 in part
payment on a FH-227.