Boeing 40B-4 NC10352
A.S. Hanford Sr. formed Hanford's Tri-State
Air Lines in 1932 with a route from Sioux City to St.
using Lockheed Vega equipment. The line merged with Rapid Air
Transport in 1933 and
for a while
was known as Hanford-Rapid Air Lines. Following the
cancellation of the Air Mail
contracts in 1934, and the subsequent re-assignment thereof, Hanford
was awarded AM26 from
Paul to Omaha. The name of the company was changed at that time
to Hanford Airlines. This
Boeing 40 was
one of several used for the transport of both mail and passengers, the
four passenger cabin between the wings, Fox Moth style.