Airways Pitcairn PA-5 Mailwing NC3835
intrepid airman who looks like he is enjoying his job. By 1928
Colonial Western had
augmented its Fairchild
FC-2s with Pitcairn Mailwings (and later Super Mailwings) which were
designed exclusively for the
carriage of mail. On the original of this print (acquired
Airlines in 1949) "CAM 20"
can be seen on the fuselage. This air mail route ran from
new York, with a stop in Erie, Pa.