Havilland D.H.82A Tiger Moth
Its c/n indicates this was a Cowley-built (Austin Motors) Tiger.
After its service as NZ656 it was
sold to a Mr. S. Duncan in 1947, and was
used by the Nelson Aero Club (probably leaased out).
It is seen here
in Nelson's hangar in 1949. It was sold shortly thereafter
to James Aviation and
converted to a topdresser. ZK-APW
was written off in crash at Te Anga on 11 December 1951.