VH-UVI de Havilland D.H.89A Dragon
VH-UVI was imported in April 1936 for
Adelaide Airways. It is seen above in this shot from
the Geoff Goodall collection at Parafield just after being
assembled. On 1st July 1936 it flew
inaugural Forrest-Adelaide section as part of the takeover of the WAA
service by Adelaide Airways. Shortly afterwards Adelaide Airways
was merged into the newly
ANA, whereupon it was named 'Moogana',
as seen in the rather poor ANA image below.
Finally, at the bottom of the page
is an image courtesy of the State Library of South Australia
showing -UVI at Parafield circa 1940 after it had been sold to Guinea
Airways, although it
appears to be still carrying the ANA pennant on the rudder.
In the background is another GAL
VH-UUO. Shortly after this shot was taken VH-UVI was impressed
into the RAAF as
-UUO became A33-1.