The above photograph, courtesy
of the John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland collection
appeared in "The Queenslander"
journal and shows the big Avro over the beach at Yeppoon circa
registered in October 1930 to Queensland .Air Navigation Ltd, (in whose
tail markings it is seen here) it was transferred to
New England Airways Ltd of Lismore, NSW
December 1931, along with VH-UNJ. (VH-UMH also joined
NEA later). It is seen in the
outside the AOA hangar at Archerfield circa 1930.
At the foot of the page is an
Bruce Robinson of -UPI at Lismore when in service with NEA, between a
Monospars. VH-UPI was taken over by Airlines of Australia
Ltd in 1936.
1937 its CofA was suspended due to
corrosion found and it
was stricken from the register in
September of that year.