G-AUKH Sopwith Dove
(c/n WO 3004/5)
Interesting shot, from the Geoff
Goodall collection, taken at the 1922 Motor Exhibition held in the
Exhibition building in Melbourne. As can be seen in the original
of the image (below) the aircraft
was displayed under an advertising sign confirming that its owner was
Larkin Aircraft Supply Co
Melbourne who were very active as Sopwith agents for Australia at the
time. The Dove was
seat civilian variant of the Pup. Only 10 were built.
G-AUKH was withdrawn from use
1925, although remained on the register until '28. .