This Curtiss Jenny was first
registered to Keith Farmer of Malvern, Victoria on 17 July 1925.
It was formerly USAAC
10074. It was named 'Murihiku". Early in 1927 it was
E.E. Davies of Swan Hill
and later that year by L.G. Mitchell of Wycheproof. It was
in a forced landing in a
dam in November 1927. In October 1929 it was sold to W.E.
of Warracknabeal, Victoria.
Seen in the shot above from the Kevin OReilly collection are the
owner Bill (on the left),
and brother Harry (right). Presumably the coated
gentleman in the
their father. Sadly Bill was killed when the aircraft crashed at
Rainbow, Victoria on
16 August 1931. The wings
collapsed whilst the aircraft was performing a loop. Another image
via Kevin (below) shows the wreck.