G-AUAP de Havilland D.H.60
The images above and
at the foot of the page are from the Allan Betteridge collection, via
via the CAHS. The top photo looks like one taken from the CofA.
Photos 2 below is
courtesy of the National Library of Australia and is from
the Horrie Miller collection.
Photo no 3 below was gleaned by Graeme Parsons from the
Adelaide Advertiser for
28 November 1927 and was published on the occasion of the official
opening of the
Aero Club at Parafield.. G-AUAP was one of several such machines
assigned to the
section of the Australian Aero Club by the Civil
Aviation Branch, Dept
Defence. Unfortunately this one was not on the club strength for
long, since it crashed
performing low aerobatics
over the airfield on 11 March 1928. Clearly, as seen at the
photo below, it was damaged beyond repair.