VH-VCR de Havilland D.H.82A Tiger
A17-179 was first civilianized in 1946 as VH-APT. It was withdrawn from
use in 1962, dismantled
languished until 1983 in Sid Marshall's hangar at Bankstown.
After Sid's death it was taken over
partner Jack Davidson who moved most of Sid's aircraft collection to a
private airstrip at The
near Camden. There, the Tiger was rebuilt by Jack emerging in
1982 as VH-ALP. It was re-
VH-VCR at the end of 2002 and is now current and residing in
Townsville, Qld. Barry
shot (above) was taken at Kyneton,
Victoria in 2004.