VH-TSL was registered to Peel River Land and Mineral Company at
Tamworth in February
1968. It had been N4135Q when built. . The Peel Company, as it
was called, was formed
in 1853 and was one
of Australia’s most historic agricultural and mining companies.
of its Cessna to East West Airlines at Tamworth and it was outside the
that David Carter
photographed it in March 1970 . In the mid
1970s –TSL was owned by
Stations Ltd, which was headquartered in Melbourne but had its cattle
the Northern Territory. The aircraft was withdrawn from
use in June 1981 but
the reason for
its premature demise is not known.