VH-TFA Fokker F.27
Originally to have
been named 'Dirk Hartog', but
changed 'Charles Todd'
arrival at Essendon in June 1959..
First of a dozen Friendships ordered by TAA in 1958.
The above shot, by R.N. (Bob) Smith was taken at Mascot in
December 1965, whilst the
evocative color photo
below from the Civil Aviation Historical Society of SA (via Nigel Daw)
shows -TFA in
company with a TAA DC-3 at Adelaide Airport, circa 1960,
This F.27 was
-200 standard at Fokkers in 1965 and in 1969 transferred to TAA's New
In November 1973 it was sold to Air Nuigini and a year
later became P2-TFA,
later becoming P2-ANA. In 1978
it was sold to Aerolineas de Guatemala Aviateca as TG-AIA
and then spent some
time with the Guatemalan Air Force serialed '1094' before being
from use in 2000.