The second of the former
Airlines (WA) Doves acquired by Southern in 1955, VH-GVF was
previously VH-AWB. It
was delivered new in 1947 to the Perth-based carrier as VH-AQP
and re-registered into the
VH-AW series in 1953. VH-GVF was withdrawn from use
updated livery shot below
was taken at Essendon in 1958. Note the Amalgamated Wireless
(Australasia) Aviation Radio
Service Austin A40 van....looks like it needed a panel beating job!
By the time Greg Banfield saw the poor old Dove at
Bankstown in November 1964, it had been
pretty well rdp'd, as
seen in the image at the bottom of the page.