The Illawarra Flying School, based at
Bankstown Airport, NSW was part of the Fawcett
group, hence all its aircraft were registered in the VH-FA
series. This Auster was
previously VH-BGU, and acquired by
Illawarra in 1952. It is seen
here at Bankstown in 1954.
still going strong in 1965 as a glider tug, as Geoff Goodall's image
below shows, taken
Gawler, SA. This Auster was built
for the RAF as an army liaison machine with serial number
the RAAF as A11-17 before being civilianized in 1949. Were it
today it would no doubt be
decked out in D-Day RAF markings.