VH-DCU du Bearn GY201 Minicab
Both images of this diminutive French
2-seat light cabin monoplane were taken by Greg Banfield.
The shot above, at Bankstown in
December 1963 shows the original livery applied, whilst the lower
one, at Camden in
January 1972, illustrates the somewhat cleaner, later look.
Designed by M. Yves
Gardan, the GY20 made
its first flight flew as far back as 1949. A small
production line was set up
Aeronautiques du Bearn, although a greater number of GY201s, including
above, were home-built from
kits. First registered in 1963, -DCU underwent some
around 1968 and had
its c/n changed to N4. It was withdrawn from use in
1980. The markings
re-allocated to an Auster IIF, ex VH-WAJ in 1997.