new machine when imported in 1956, this 170 was formerly N2262D.
It was first registered
in Australia to Tailair in New
Guinea as VH-GKA. In 1961 it was sold to the Aero Club of Papua
as VH-ACP in Port Morseby (the
territories of Papua and New Guinea were still separate at that time).
In May 1963 it left PNG and went
to the mainland. The above image is by Bob Neate (via Geoff
Goodall) and was taken at Wagga,
NSW in 1965 By December 1973 when seen by Greg Banfield
(below) it had exchanged the
black trim for the much nicer red. VH-CCP is still
to an owner in South Australia.