652A Anson 1
VH-BXC was owned by Bell Brothers Pty
Ltd of Perth, a heavy earthmoving and construction
company. The shot above, from the Geoff Goodall collection, shows it at
Perth Airport in 1959.
This Anson was
named "Learmonth" because Bell Brothers had won a large contract to
a new RAAF base at Learmonth on the northern WA coastline.
VH-BXC was used to fly courier
runs with seating for 5 passengers. Its CofA expired in
November 1960 and was not renewed
due to impending
DCA type restrictions. Below is a set of color shots taken
by Phil McCulloch
demise of VH-BXC when it was used as a fire fighting exercise at Perth