VH-BVA Cessna 170B
This 170B was one of the first of its ilk
registered in Australia, having been imported in April
1956, ex N2827C. Originally registered to A.D.
Ferguson of Banz, New Guinea, it later
migrated south to the mainland and had several owners. It is seen
above at Hobart's Cambridge
Airport, circa 1960 in this rare shot by Norm Weeding. It
later returned to New Guinea and
withdrawn from service until January of 1982.