VH-AOD de Havilland D.H.
This is an
enlargement from the same Alan J. Sheppard collection photo as that
used for the
VH-AEL. It was taken at Casino, NSW in the late 1940s, and
a Newcastle Aero Club machine being
operated from that town. Civilianized in February
1946, ex A17-466 it was, like three more of
its sister craft, acquired by Kingsford Smith
Aviation in 1948 and shipped to India to
provide the nucleus equipment for their aero clubs.