VH-AOC (1) de Havilland D.H. 82A Tiger
This Tiger was formerly A17-463
and was at Casino, NSW when this shot, from the Alan J.
collection was taken. The Tiger was civilianized in January 1946
for the Newcastle
Aero Club, ex RAAF Tamworth storage. The NAC were, at that
time, a large organization
which based aircraft and
instructors at many towns across NSW. In 1949 Kingsford
Aviation Services at Mascot began buying up Tigers for shipment to
India, Malaya, NZ and
even back to the UK.
This one, having been acquired by KSAS, was shipped to India in
July 1948 where it became VT-CUI.